Legal Issues & Liability
- You Will Learn
Officers must be familiar with the elements of specific crimes in order to be able to recognize a violation of a statute, apply the statute to an incident, write a report and affidavit, and testify effectively in court. The following crimes listed are the most common crimes that officers will encounter. **This course does not provide training for the 40-hour Class D Security course and does not count towards that goal.
- Recognize a violation of statute
- Apply statute to incident
- Write a report and affidavit
- Testify effectively in court
1. When does the course start and finish?
The course starts now and never ends! It is a completely self-paced online course - you decide when you start and when you finish.
2. How long do I have access to the course?
How does lifetime access sound? After enrolling, you have unlimited access to this course for as long as you like - across any and all devices you own.
3. Is there a Certificate of Completion issued?
Yes! Upon successful completion of the course, you will be able to download your Certificate of Completion! For an additional $10, you can receive a hard copy in the mail.