- You Will Learn
Security Officers may be called to direct traffic for many reasons including roadway obstructions, traffic crashes, special events, utility repairs, or broken traffic signals. This course focuses on hand signals and the skill of keeping traffic moving. This course brings to light all the responsibilities and techniques needed for a security officer to direct traffic. **This course does not provide training for the 40-hour Class D Security course and does not count towards that goal.
- Basic concepts of controlling the flow of traffic
- Hand signal concepts
- Various tools to use in traffic direction
- Officer safety concerns while directing traffic
1. When does the course start and finish?
The course starts now and never ends! It is a completely self-paced online course - you decide when you start and when you finish.
2. How long do I have access to the course?
How does lifetime access sound? After enrolling, you have unlimited access to this course for as long as you like - across any and all devices you own.
3. Is there a Certificate of Completion issued?
Yes! Upon successful completion of the course, you will be able to download your Certificate of Completion! For an additional $10, you can receive a hard copy in the mail.